A striking Lilac-pink and pure white variety.
Dahlia Bold Accent is a lovely Semi Cactus Dahlia, the petals are rolled which gives it its spiky appearance, the lilac-pink colour blends beautifully in various amounts on each flower each petal unfurling from the deep purple bud.
Bloom size of around 15-20cm, this makes a fantastic cutflower.
Decorative Dahlia’s are well known for their large flowers with soft rounded florets. Flowering up to 120 cm tall they are very easy to grow and provide a rewarding display with very little effort. Plant the tubers with the main growing tips just below the surface of the soil.
- The best time to plant Dahlias here in NZ is September or October, but can be planted anytime from mid August through to late December.
- Dahlias love sun ,so choose a nice sunny spot in your garden. Ideally a spot that gets at least 4 hours of full sun a day.
- Dahlias will grow in almost any soil, but prefer well drained loamy soil conditions.
- Prepare the ground a few weeks before planting by digging over the soil thoroughly and adding a little well rotted compost and an application of general fertiliser.
- Before planting the tubers, apply stakes (for larger varieties) staking after planting damages roots and tubers.
- Plant your Dahlia tubers about 5-10cm deep and about 50cm apart with the eye facing upwards. Water well and keep moist being careful not to over-water.
For a full overview of how to plant Dahlias visit our Gardeners Guide.