Dahlia Dinner Plate
Striped Emory Paul
Striped Emory Paul is quite possibly the largest of all dahlias! This beauty blooms up to 35cm across!
Size is just the beginning! Pale pink petals curl and twirl in a delightful fashion, and are streaked, spattered and splattered with hot pink. No two petals or blooms are alike with this ecstatic bloomer!
Dinner Plate Dahlias, as the name suggests, have absolutely huge blooms, reaching dinner plate size! Real head turners for your Summer Garden.
These stunners will grow up to 1.2m in height.
- The best time to plant Dahlias here in NZ is September or October, but can be planted anytime from mid August through to late December.
- Dahlias love sun ,so choose a nice sunny spot in your garden. Ideally a spot that gets at least 4 hours of full sun a day.
- Dahlias will grow in almost any soil, but prefer well drained loamy soil conditions.
- Prepare the ground a few weeks before planting by digging over the soil thoroughly and adding a little well rotted compost and an application of general fertiliser.
- Before planting the tubers, apply stakes (for larger varieties) staking after planting damages roots and tubers.
- Plant your Dahlia tubers about 5-10cm deep and about 50cm apart with the eye facing upwards. Water well and keep moist being careful not to over-water.
For a full overview of how to plant Dahlias visit our Gardeners Guide.
We’ve answered some of the common questions about buying our bulbs and the payment/delivery process. We want you to buy with confidence, so if your question is not answered in our FAQ please don't hesitate to ask!