Dahlia Pom Pom
Stolze von Berlin
Stolze von Berlin Pom Pom Dahlia’s provide dainty compact flowers with rounded florets.
The small, lilac-pink, ball-shaped blooms of this beauty sit atop long, strong stems, making this another lovely cutflower variety.
Flowering up to 1m tall they are very easy to grow and provide a riot of color each Summer
- The best time to plant Dahlias here in NZ is September or October, but can be planted anytime from mid August through to late December.
- Dahlias love sun ,so choose a nice sunny spot in your garden. Ideally a spot that gets at least 4 hours of full sun a day.
- Dahlias will grow in almost any soil, but prefer well drained loamy soil conditions.
- Prepare the ground a few weeks before planting by digging over the soil thoroughly and adding a little well rotted compost and an application of general fertiliser.
- Before planting the tubers, apply stakes (for larger varieties) staking after planting damages roots and tubers.
- Plant your Dahlia tubers about 5-10cm deep and about 50cm apart with the eye facing upwards. Water well and keep moist being careful not to over-water.
For a full overview of how to plant Dahlias visit our Gardeners Guide.
We’ve answered some of the common questions about buying our bulbs and the payment/delivery process. We want you to buy with confidence, so if your question is not answered in our FAQ please don't hesitate to ask!