Dahlia Food - Fertilizer 1kg or 2kg
The Perfect food for the perfect blooms...
Our bloom'n good Dahlia Fertilizer has been specifically formulated for NZ soils - with all the goodness needed to get those Dahlias reaching their full potential, you'll have a Summer garden full of blooms in no time! you can't go wrong with this mix.
N.P.K 12-5-14 + Sulphur, Magnesium and Trace Elements
Directions for use:
- Before planting: loosen the soil to a depth of around 20cm. Mix in 80grams (3 Tablespoons) of Dahlia Food per square metre.
Now, time to get those hands dirty and get planting!
- After planting: we recommend side dressings of our Dahlia Food throughout the growing period. Around 50grams (2 Tablespoons) per square metre every few weeks.
- The best time to plant Dahlias here in NZ is September or October, but can be planted anytime from mid August through to late December.
- Dahlias love sun ,so choose a nice sunny spot in your garden. Ideally a spot that gets at least 4 hours of full sun a day.
- Dahlias will grow in almost any soil, but prefer well drained loamy soil conditions.
- Prepare the ground a few weeks before planting by digging over the soil thoroughly and adding a little well rotted compost and an application of general fertiliser.
- Before planting the tubers, apply stakes (for larger varieties) staking after planting damages roots and tubers.
- Plant your Dahlia tubers about 5-10cm deep and about 50cm apart with the eye facing upwards. Water well and keep moist being careful not to over-water.
For a full overview of how to plant Dahlias visit our Gardeners Guide.
We’ve answered some of the common questions about buying our bulbs and the payment/delivery process. We want you to buy with confidence, so if your question is not answered in our FAQ please don't hesitate to ask!