Dahlia Dinner Plate
Café au Lait Rosé
Café au Lait Rosé - pure perfection!
Everyone loves the classic Cafe au Lait Dahlia, but the Cafe au Lait Rose is a stunningly beautiful spinoff!
Varying rosy pink shades are a little more vibrant than the old school Cafe au Lait and are stunning either on their own or mixed with other flowers in your garden. Paired with Cafe au Lait, and Cafe au Lait twist in a vase and you can't go wrong!
When you want to bring them inside, they are fantastic for cut flowers.
- The best time to plant Dahlias here in NZ is September or October, but can be planted anytime from mid August through to late December.
- Dahlias love sun ,so choose a nice sunny spot in your garden. Ideally a spot that gets at least 4 hours of full sun a day.
- Dahlias will grow in almost any soil, but prefer well drained loamy soil conditions.
- Prepare the ground a few weeks before planting by digging over the soil thoroughly and adding a little well rotted compost and an application of general fertiliser.
- Before planting the tubers, apply stakes (for larger varieties) staking after planting damages roots and tubers.
- Plant your Dahlia tubers about 5-10cm deep and about 50cm apart with the eye facing upwards. Water well and keep moist being careful not to over-water.
For a full overview of how to plant Dahlias visit our Gardeners Guide.
We’ve answered some of the common questions about buying our bulbs and the payment/delivery process. We want you to buy with confidence, so if your question is not answered in our FAQ please don't hesitate to ask!