Jive Dahlias are a stunning Anemone type variety - Bees adore it!
The blooms of this eye-catching dahlia are slightly variable in both colour and shape - they are a mixture of single and anemone-shaped.
Their beauuutiful petals change colours as they age - initially pink-tinted scarlet and turning a warm orange-red as they age.
Striking lush green foliage adds to the attractiveness.
Flower Size: 8-9cm wide
Flowering period: Mid Season
- The best time to plant Dahlias here in NZ is September or October, but can be planted anytime from mid August through to late December.
- Dahlias love sun ,so choose a nice sunny spot in your garden. Ideally a spot that gets at least 4 hours of full sun a day.
- Dahlias will grow in almost any soil, but prefer well drained loamy soil conditions.
- Prepare the ground a few weeks before planting by digging over the soil thoroughly and adding a little well rotted compost and an application of general fertiliser.
- Before planting the tubers, apply stakes (for larger varieties) staking after planting damages roots and tubers.
- Plant your Dahlia tubers about 5-10cm deep and about 50cm apart with the eye facing upwards. Water well and keep moist being careful not to over-water.
For a full overview of how to plant Dahlias visit our Gardeners Guide.
We’ve answered some of the common questions about buying our bulbs and the payment/delivery process. We want you to buy with confidence, so if your question is not answered in our FAQ please don't hesitate to ask!